Sunday, December 9, 2012

Gail Simone Off Batgirl As Writer


Apparently Gail Simone is off Batgirl as the writer for that book that she has written since it was rebooted during the New 52 campaign last year. Batgirl number 17 will be her last.  Gail Simone made the announcement herself on Twitter.

“On Wednesday of last week, new Batgirl editor Brian Cunningham informed me by email that I was no longer the writer of Batgirl,” Simone said. “It is baffling and sad, I will probably have a statement later today or maybe tomorrow. But I want to give huge, huge thanks to the other creators in the bat-offices, and editors Bobbie Chase and @yourpallsmitty, champions all. And the biggest thank you of all to you guys for supporting this book so hugely and making it a commercial and critical success. I honestly don’t have the words right now to thank you all. I’m pretty choked up and it’s all gratitude, not bitterness. I am very proud of what we accomplished with Batgirl and it was an honor to get to write Barbara Gordon again. Love that dame.”
This is sad news as she is one of my favorite writers and has done great things with the character of Barbara Gordon and Batgirl.  This leaves her with only her creator owned project Leaving Megalopolis which she is doing with Jim Calafiore.  No word yet if she is doing anything else for DC Comics.

source CBR

No comments:

Post a Comment