Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ian McKellen to officiate at Patrick Stewart's wedding


Wedding bells are ringing for a special couple - no, not these two.
When Sir Ian McKellen dons the helmet and cape of Magneto for an "X-Men" movie, he's Mr. No Nonsense - serious to a fault about his self-proclaimed war against humanity on behalf of his fellow mutants.

Make him part of a wedding, however, and the actor becomes as emotional as, well, a bride on her wedding day.

McKellen recently revealed that he will officiate with "X-Men" co-star and real-life friend Sir Patrick Stewart weds jazz zinger Sunny Ozell. Unlike the stern Magneto, McKellen proved he has a sense of humor when he made the revelation on "The Jonathan Ross Show:" "I'm going to marry Patrick. I am going to officiate at his wedding."

McKellen also joked that he is not sure of the legality of his role:  "I read out the words, and Sunny and Patrick will then be married - I declare you man and wife."

McKellen said he has fulfilled the same duties before and that "I was crying my eyes out."

To quote another pop culture franchise, "Make it so."

No comments:

Post a Comment