Thursday, July 4, 2013

7th Doctor Takes On The Daleks In Malorie Blackman Doctor Who eBook


This months Doctor Who 50th Anniversary eBook features the Daleks along with the 7th Doctor and Ace.  It is written by Children's Laureate Malorie Blackman who is known for writing the books Pig  Heart Boy and Nought and Crosses.  You can read the synopsis below and the book is available for download on July 23rd.

When the TARDIS lands on Skaro, the Seventh Doctor and Ace are shocked to discover the planet has become the universal centre of learning, populated by a race of peace-loving Daleks. Ever suspicious of his arch enemies' motives, the Doctor learns of a threat that could literally tear the universe apart...

“‘I have always loved Doctor Who” says Blackman. “From the time I was a child and the Daleks used to make me run and hide behind the sofa, to Saturday morning pictures when I first saw the Doctor Who films featuring Peter Cushing, right up to the current Doctor with Matt Smith. So when I was asked to write a Doctor Who story featuring the Seventh Doctor, I didn't even need to pause to think about it. My answer was an immediate yes. I've always found Sylvester McCoy's Doctor fascinating because of the way his character developed from a bit of a clown to a Doctor with a more Machiavellian streak. In my story, the Doctor's actions are responsible for a universal catastrophe which forces him to face up to his own fears and prejudices."

No comments:

Post a Comment