Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hugh Jackman discusses Wolverine's future

"Get the point, Bub?"
Despite being part of the X-Men, the character of Wolverine has always been a bit of an outsider. He plays for the X Team, sure, but he also stands apart as His Own Man.

That came across loud and clear in the mixed bag that was "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" in 2009.

And the theme continues in an indieWIRE interview with the man who portrays the clawed hero, Hugh Jackman. Some highlights:

On his affinity for playing Logan:
“I love that character. It was the first film I did in America and somehow I lucked upon the greatest of all the superhero roles. His human dilemmas and demons and battles feel more real. I don’t feel like a guy with claws and ridiculous hair. I feel like a guy battling against life.”


On what to expect in the upcoming "The Wolverine," which is based on the Frank Miller and Chris Claremont mini-series:
“It’s a little darker and, I think, a little more true to the character. If you read all of (the Japanese saga) there is a lot of it that is a little disparate and some of it’s got X-Men in it. There’s a wedding and all that. So we take license with that.”
On his famous f-bomb cameo in "X-Men: First Class:"
“They asked me to do that cameo a year before I did it and I said, ‘All right, pitch me the concept.’ They did and I liked it. I said, ‘Is anyone else swearing in the movie?’ and they said, ‘We don’t think so.’ I said, ‘Promise me no one else swears in the movie and I’m in.’ 50 percent of Wolverine’s dialogue should be ‘****’ That feels right for me. And actually that particular take was an ad-lib I did at the end. There was more secrecy to shooting that than I have ever known. I actually checked into the hotel and they had no reservation under Jackman. I was under some comic book name I had never even heard of.”
 On the possibility of "X-Men 4:"
“I don’t see it. I can only see one movie ahead. I’m pretty sure I’m well into the second half of this match. I don’t know exactly when the end is, but I only go one at a time. If this is the last one, fingers crossed, man, I just hope we finally get that hole in one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment