Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Simon 'Scotty' Pegg says Khan not in 'Star Trek 2' script

He swears he's telling the truth, the whole truth ...
From the "It Must Be True, It's on the Internet File," we've all heard from many unofficial sources that the villain of "Star Trek 2" is going to be none other than our favorite genetically engineered dictator, Khan. So Simon Pegg, who will reprise his role as Scotty in the film, must have some insight into the movie after reading the script, right? Well, here's what he told MTV:
"I haven't heard the name Khan come up. Not to say it won't come up, but I have heard no mention of him whatsoever. He is a great villain. I don't want to say too much and then have to eat my words as I often do, but we've seen Khan [in a 'Trek' movie before]. To see him again, how much value is there in that? I don't know."

OK, this is a surprise. Is it possible that we've been misled? Or maybe Pegg is misleading us? Or maybe Pegg is being misled into misleading us? He did have this to say about the film:
"There is a large group sex scene with Scotty and some green chicks. That's all I know; that's all I've been told. It was a sweetener. That was my condition for doing the film."
Producer Bryan Burk was just as evasive on the subject of Khan having a central role:
"There are amazing villains all throughout the 'Star Trek' universe as well as new villains. As we did in the last film, there's a lot of directions you can go with the film. In this case, we chose to do something we thought would be original and unique and different, and I think on paper, we made the right choice. Now we have to go shoot."
Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment