Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Captain America - Chris Evans - talks about 'The Avengers'

Chris Evans join Scarlett Johannson, among others, in "The Avengers."
Chris Evans, for one, thinks "The Avengers" assembled the right cast of characters - both in front of the camera and behind the scenes.

Evans, who plays Captain America in the upcoming film after scoring a major hit with the title role in this summer's film, recently spoke with The Huffington Post on a range of topics. If nothing else, the actor who also played The Human Torch in the "Fantastic Four" movies sounds confident that "The Avengers" has the makings of another superhero franchise.

On bringing Cap 70 years into the future:

"He's in modern day, he has troubles. He actually gets to have things that he might have be able to shoulder, you know what I mean? He can't just put it on his back. He's a fish out of water. Everyone knows he's dead, and he's in a foreign time, and 'The Avengers,' he gets to be a little bit darker, which is nice."


Chris Evans as that other super hero.
On the movie's plot and working with director/writer Joss Whedon:
"I think they struck a really good balance. There's obviously action, you've got all these super heroes, there's gonna be constant battle, I think every ten pages, there's going to be some sort of action, but you can have all the action in the world, if you don't have some substance, you got nothing ... I know a lot of other movies like that where it's all action and no heart. It's not easy trying to bring all those characters together and find a story, but the best thing about Joss is that Joss is a fan, Joss is a comic book guy. It feels so nice working with a guy that is well, the people I am trying to please is Joss. Joss is one of those dudes. And if Joss is happy with the dialog, if Joss is happy with the wardrobe, if Joss is happy, then I'm happy. Because he's Comic-Con, he's one of these dudes who would be in the audience geeking out, so if he's happy, I'm happy."
On working with Robert Downey Jr., who plays Tony Stark/Iron Man:
"I think most of my stuff is with Downey. He's just so good, man ... Again, I didn't know what to expect about him, either. And he just -- I'm so ... lucky. He was so cool. I'm not that great with press sometimes, and he was so like a mentor. He's so willing to give advice and he doesn't feel like, you'll do a take and he gives you a little thumbs-up and he just makes your day. You're like, Downey just gave me a thumbs-up! That just made my life. I'm like skipping to my trailer, and this guy had no idea the impact he just had. He's just such a nice guy and he was the first dude-- I've made a lot of movies with a lot of big actors - the first guy I'd ever been on set, and he comes on set, and it was the first time I was ever like, 'Wow, that's a ... movie star. That is a ... movie star.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment