Monday, September 26, 2011

Robocop? Yes. Michael Fassbender? Not so fast.

The Robocop rumors have created a mess.
Remember that "Michael Fassbender to play title role in new Robocop" movie story?

You're going to find this difficult to believe, but apparently not everything you read on the Internet is 100 percent true. Yes, not even this blog.

Jose Padilha, who will be directing the rebooted Robocop movie, told IFC how the rumor got started:
"I was doing an interview with a Dutch guy because 'Elite Squad' was opening in Holland. They wanted to talk about 'RoboCop' because of (Paul) Verhoeven, the Dutch director (of the original film). So he asked me 'Who is going to be RoboCop?' I said, 'I don't know, I'm not there yet.' 'Who is going to be RoboCop?' 'I don't know!' So he says, "How about Fassbender?" I said, 'I think he's great.' That was it!" 


Oh.

Padilha did say, however, that he thinks Fassbender, recently seen as Magneto in "X-Men: First Class," is among the actors who would have to be seriously considered for the role.

So get your story straight - Fassbender will not be Robocop. Unless, of course, he is.




No comments:

Post a Comment