Monday, September 19, 2011

Sigourney Weaver on 'Avatar 2' (and 3) and 'Ghostbusters 3'

Our favorite sci fi actress, even in blue.
"She's dead, Jim."

If anyone uttered these words to "Avatar" director James Cameron about the character Dr. Grace Augustine, he apparently was not paying attention.

Sigourney Weaver, who played the doomed scientist in the 2009 film, says she will be return for both "Avatar 2" and "Avatar 3," which will be filmed back-to-back. She recently told Coming Soon:
“Don’t worry, I will be back. (James Cameron) says no one ever dies in science fiction. He’s told me the stories for the next two movies and I have to say that they’re absolutely wonderful and there’s a real treat in store. Now we just have to make them.”

As for "Ghostbusters 3," Weaver was a little less certain (no surprise, considering the long history of rumors surrounding the project):
“I have yet to read the script. I’ve had a couple of calls and I know they’re rewriting and all I said was that I hope my son, Oscar, has grown up to be a Ghostbuster and (director) Ivan Reitman said yes. Beyond that, I have no idea. I hope it comes together, but we already did two wonderful films and, if we have to let this one go, that’s fine.”
The big question about "G3," of course, is whether Bill Murray will reprise his role of Peter Venkman.



No comments:

Post a Comment