Friday, September 9, 2011

John Barrowman interview: 'Torchwood,' his music and more

A man of many talents.
EntertainmentWise has posted an interview with "Torchwood" star John Barrowman in which he discusses his new EP, "Torchwood" and what the future might hold for both himself and Capt. Jack Harkness.

You can read the interview here.

A few of the highlights (no spoilers):
Q: Moving on to Torchwood ... Are there any teasers you can give us?
All I can tell you is it’s going to be a shocker!


Q: And looking ahead to future series’ is there anything in particular that you’d like to see Jack do? Any adventures you’d like to see him get taken on?

I don’t know if I’m making an assumption because we don’t know if there is going to be another series yet, so were still waiting to see. But I’m happy with what the writers write. I like the aspect of that particular job - I’m not a producer, I’m not a writer, I come in and I get the scripts and I do the job, and I bring the character to life and that kind of brings a bit of the pressure off! But I think I’d love to see Jack time travel a little more, and I love going back in time to Jack’s past. I think that’s also nice to explore.

 Q: Jack’s a great character, what do you like most about playing him?

The fact that he’s a hero and he’s a different kind of hero. He’s not a typical type of hero that you would see in a comic book or in a TV show, and that’s what I love about him. That’s what makes him fun to play. Also he’s a little bit naughty and he speaks his mind, and he’s got conviction with everything he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment