Monday, July 2, 2012

Tony Daniel Leaving Detective Comics





Tony Daniel announced on his Facebook page that he will no longer be writing and drawing Batman in Detective Comics.  His last issue as writer and artist will be number 12 released this August but will be supplying the art for September's Zero issue event and that will be it.  This is a bummer for me as I enjoyed Tony Daniel's run on Detective when he was artist for Grant Morrison's run.  Here is the statement that was released Friday from his Facebook page.

“It's been a long and adventurous journey for me, but there are other projects in the pipeline that I've been itching to do and I felt the need to scratch the itch,”

“Next week DC will reveal some information on what one of the projects is I'm involved with. Then I'm gearing up for something I've wanted to do for a while in early 2013, a project where I hope to grow even more as an artist and a professional. It is top secret, and probably won't be revealed until the fall. I want to thank all my friends, family and fans for supporting me through these crazy last few years. Onward and Upward!”
No word yet on who will be replacing Tony Daniel but news should be coming soon most likely at this months San Diego Comic Con.

No comments:

Post a Comment