Sunday, January 27, 2013

It's Geek To Me: Jay Garrick, Barry Allen and not Flash Gordon

One of these things is not like the other.
This is the first installment in an occasional series on how reality sometimes intrudes on geekiness ... or maybe the other way around.

I attended a presentation at work on Friday. The subject is not important. At the end, my boss held up a small toy figurine and said, "We're just as fast as Flash Gordon." He said he wanted critiques on the presentation, so I approached him afterward.

Me: "That's not Flash Gordon. That's the Flash. There's a big difference."

Him: "Well, it's the original Flash from the comics."

Me: "No it's not. It's the Barry Allen Flash. The original Flash was Jay Garrick."

Him: Long stare.

I'm guessing it's a good thing that I did not mention Wally West.

No comments:

Post a Comment