Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Doctor Who - Australia's Whoniverse Event Is Cancelled


The Whoniverse convention in Australia has been canceled following the announcement of Matt Smith having to cancel due to a family emergency.  The event was suppose to bring the main 11th Doctor TARDIS crew to the four major Australian cities.  Citing that he is unable to leave the UK Hub Productions (http://www.thehubproductions.com/Events/Whoniverse/ ) have decided to cancel the event and are working on rescheduling the event at a later date.  Ticketek will also be in touch with those fans who have bought tickets to the event about refunds.  Below is the statement that Matt Smith gave the organizers to share with the fans.

"I am deeply saddened to have to advise that I will not be able to come to Australia for the Hub Productions' Whoniverse event. Although I wish it were otherwise, due to a personal family emergency it's not possible for me to leave England at this time. I truly regret the situation, and the disappointment it must be causing, but I'm hoping to be able to reschedule as soon as possible for the future; I look forward to see you all then."
Source: Doctor Who Newsite,

No comments:

Post a Comment