Monday, February 24, 2014

Official BBC Press Release on Samuel Anderson Casting

Samuel Anderson (The History Boys, Gavin & Stacey) is set to join the cast of Doctor Who as a recurring character in the new season, which will also introduce Peter Capaldi as the Doctor to millions of viewers. Anderson will play Danny Pink, a teacher at Coal Hill School where companion Clara Oswald (Jenna Coleman) also teaches when the series returns to BBC AMERICA later this year.

On joining the show Samuel Anderson said: "I was so excited to join Doctor Who I wanted to jump and click my heels, but I was scared I might not come down before filming started! It's a quintessential part of British culture and I can't believe I'm part of it. It's an honor to be able to work alongside Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman and I can't wait to show people how my character becomes involved with such a fantastic duo!"

While Steven Moffat, lead writer and executive producer, added: "For the fourth time in Doctor Who history, Coal Hill School is coming to the aid of the TARDIS. In 1963 teachers Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright accompanied the first Doctor. These days it's the turn of Jenna Coleman as Clara Oswald. And very soon now, Sam Anderson as Danny Pink will be entering the world of the Doctor. But how and why? Answers are coming later this year in Peter Capaldi's first season of Doctor Who!"

Filming recently began on episode four of the new series, which will co-star Robert Goodman (Gangs of New York, Game of Thrones) and episode five, co-starring Jonathan Bailey (Broadchurch, Groove High), and Pippa Bennett-Warner (The Smoke, Death in Paradise).


SOCIAL MEDIA
Twitter: @BBCAMERICA @DoctorWho_BBCA #DoctorWho

No comments:

Post a Comment