Friday, June 24, 2011

Captain America - The First Avenger

What has gotten my attention of late?  Well, right now on the radar for me is Captain America, The First Avenger!!

Yes, another superhero movie but this one looks better than the rest.  I enjoyed Thor, X-Men First Class and Green Lantern but this looks to surpass even those.  The latest trailer is certainly doing its job in getting me interested.


I know more about Captain America than most superheroes apart from The X-men and Spiderman perhaps but not enough to really care about minor changes in the costume or other continuity issues with the comic books.  So I am going in with a clean slate looking for plenty of action and fun.

A few anticipated highlights for me with this movie is the eventual linkage to the Avengers movie and the present day story that we will see in 2012.  Some online spoilers have eluded to what we might see.  As many fans of Marvel movies know, you may want to stick around until the very end of the credits because we will no doubt get something good.

I like the look of the film from the trailers.  The Captain America costume is just fine and I really like the old style shield that looks to appear for a short while in the film.

The America vs Nazis (Hydra) is another aspect that may be another exciting part of the film.  No doubt there will be some cheers heard throughout theaters.

I like Chris Evans and think he can handle this part well.  Hugo Weaving as Red Skull is also something I am looking forward to.

The absolutely stunning Hayley Atwell will probably be the focus of my attention for all her scenes.  She is the only thing I really remember in “The Prisoner” remake a few years ago and it looks like she has a good part to play in this movie.

In theory this film should make more money than the rest of the superhero films of this year but I think it may be a toss up.  All the superhero films have been doing well this year.


It is interesting to note that this will be another non present day superhero movie for the year, which is really unusual anyhow.  X-Men: First Class took place in the 60’s.



No comments:

Post a Comment